Sunday, July 16, 2017

Mid-Year Update

Hello internet!!

I've been neglecting my blog as of late, but I'm going to try and get back into the habit of writing reviews and posting. Also need to get back into the habit of editing videos as well.

The purpose of this post is mostly an update on how my reading has been going this year.

I have surpassed my goal of 12 books and have since updated by goal to 50, which I have also surpassed. I'm currently over 60 books on the year and I couldn't be happier with the books I've been reading.

I've been bit by a YA contemporary bug and I think I'm okay with this. I will have some wrap ups coming to my channel within the next few weeks, so head on over to my channel (here) and subscribe to know when I post those videos!

At this point in the year I don't think I am going to upload a haul video between March and July, I haven't been keeping track of what I've gotten but I know it hasn't been much....in fact most of the stuff I've gotten has been ebooks. I have a handful of preorders coming though, so I will keep track of those and maybe do an end of summer haul.

There are a few things I plan on participating in coming up. The booktubeathon is happening next week (starting 7/24) and while I don't think I'll be able to do the video challenges since they are posted day of I am going to try and do as many reading challenges as I can. I've been trying to figure out a TBR the last few days but really need to look at my audiobooks and overdrive to get a decent idea of what I want to read.

I'm currently reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer as part of Brunette Bibliophile's traveling book! I'm having a blast rereading this and can't wait to send off to someone new.

I've also registered for BookNet Fest! I'm so excited to be going to Wizarding World of Harry Potter on the first day of Hogwarts and can't wait to see so many bookternet friends! I'm going to try vlogging and actually be decent with it while at the park! We're also planning on doing Disney while in Florida, so that trip should be amazing!

I am going to attempt to be part of Project Unhaul (created by Dylan and Brittany). Basically this is where you take one or two books a month that you've been on the fence about getting rid of, try and read it, and if it's not holding your attention of you're just not feeling it put it in an unhal box to finally get rid of!! I have a handful of books picked out and in a bag ready to go. I may do a more detailed post about it but I will for sure be posting a picture of the books on Instagram.

The last thing I want to mention is some reading plans I have for the second half of the year. I've finally started physically reading again so I really do want to try and make my way through my signed books this second half of the year. This was a plan of mine to start the year and I'm pretty sure I've only read two or three of those signed books. I'm also going to try and reread Death Note. I wanted to do this before the Netflix movie but I'm not sure if that timeline will happen. I've had the Black Edition of the books for a year and a half now and it's about time I reread it. Other than that I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing because it's been working. I'm excited to see how many books I will end the year on, if I keep up this pace it's probably going to break 100.

That's all for now, thanks for reading a very random and kind of everywhere post. I'm going to try and be better with posting here and on YouTube, but I'm not making any promises.

Hope y'all have a great day!

xoxo
    Gina







No comments:

Post a Comment